Update: According to this note, that was posted on their website on August 11, 2012 Toasted Tangerine is no longer in business.
The first in a series of Toronto food truck profiles on Food With Legs is the Toasted Tangerine truck.
- Toasted Tangerine
- Hometown: Mississauga
Most-Talked About, Signature Dish: Toasted ravioli ($7) that are crispy on the outside with a cheesy filling.
Try If You Get the Chance: The Smoked Salmon BLT ($9) combines two of my favourite salty, smoky meats with both smoked salmon and bacon. Also the 5-grain rye bun at least makes it feel healthy.
- Lunch Location: Recently they’ve been visiting Toronto on Wednesdays at lunch and parking in the lot on the southwest corner of Queen and Jarvis.
- Time to Place Order: No lineup on a recent visit.
- Time to Get Food After Placing Order: 5 minutes (I enjoyed this fast service on a recent visit but be warned that the wait can be longer.)
- Established: November 2011
- The Added Touches: The owners of the Toasted Tangerine truck, Adrian and Alyssa Tangerine are such hardcore devotees of classic rock that they chose one of Led Zeppelin’s best as their married name. True to this form, theirs is the only truck I know of that has built-in speakers to provide classic rock entertainment for customers while they wait. Also to their credit the Toasted Tangerine truck supports the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and promotes that fact with a big JDRF sign.
- Web site:thetoastedtangerine.com and the curbside menu.
- Social Media:@ToastedTangerin on Twitter and their Facebook page
To see the methodology and description of each of these categories as well as all of my Toronto food trucks profiles visit the Food With Legs food trucks page.